Sunday 5 June 2011

Things I have made so far

Hello again,
I have a room jam packed with craft materials but amazingly I have actually made very little! My facination with craft and design started when I was a child. At the age of 4 whilst waiting in a doctors surgery I drew a picture of my house. I had included minute little details like the bricks, flowers, bees, letter box, patterned curtains etc and a man walked over to take a look. He was taken aback at how well I could draw for a child so young and remarked that I might be an architect one day. Well at the time all I wanted to do was work in the post office becasue I wanted to stamp things and count money by flicking through it after licking my finger! (oh what aspirations!). From the detailed designs I drew of my bedroom and it's furniture, to the elaborate menus for the cafe I started in the garage, my mum always thought I would grow up to be a designer. She dreaded 'Blue Peter' as it would mean that she would have to rummage through the house to find the empty box, bottle, card, sticky tape etc needed to make the object they would show you how to make each day. To me, the washing up liquid never ran out, we didn't use enough toilet roll and didn't eat enough eggs to feed my habit!
Anyway the years went by and after doing Art GCSE and A level I took the scientific path into psychology and ended up a teacher. Before I knew it I had no time for my creativity!
Little did I know that during the dark despair that was pregnancy I would rediscover this passion. And I did it big style, making 70 xmas cards for my friends and family!

Here are a few examples:



From then I was hooked!
Hobbycraft became my second home (once it had been River Island) and my study became my craft room.
And so there it is, a room full of unfinished projects! I will eventually put them on here, one day, when I find some time to finish them!

No comments:

Post a Comment