Saturday 4 February 2012

Joshuas Big boy room

Hi, I have been working on Joshuas new room and I am finally finshed!! stupidly I forgot to take before pictures so cant show you what it did look like but I am very happy with the results!!

I painted the grass on the back wall and bought some wall stickers . As you can see he has a gorgeous wooden thomas bed! He loves it!

I painted some old furniture (actually my husbands when he was a kid!) that has been sitting in the in laws garage for years! it was old MFI black chipboard but it took the thomas blue and James red paint very well! I intend to get some new handles for the drawers too at some point. The cabinet next to the wardrobe was a tv table. Once painted I covered the top with clear sticky backed plastic so as to stop Joshua chipping the paint.

I painted the outside of an old bookcase and used an old ikea table as a play table. (I may paint this one day!)

Joshua loves numbers so I decided to give him a number wall. I took the numbers out of some play mats (which were annoying anyway as the numbers kept falling out!!) they have a lovely tactile surface

Im hoping he wont pull them off (like he has done to some of the stickers....tut!)

lots of love
Ellie xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment