Wednesday 11 April 2012

Perfume making party


A couple of weeks ago I held a perfume making party with some of the mummies I have met recently. The idea behind it was to have a night out (in) but with an activity to stop us from talking about kids all night!!!!
I decided on perfume making because a friend of mine had gone to www.theperfumestudio.com and made her own perfume and named it. I looked it up but it cost about £40. As I am up for saving at the mo I thought if we all pooled our money we could all make something worth taking home. So I charged everyone £11 and I went out and bought a whole load of essential oils and other equipment. Making your own bespoke perfume can cost in the region of £4000 so if I could give my lovely yummy mummies a scent for a tenner including a few drinks all of us would go home happy!! I served cocktails on arrival and made some yummy cakes and nibbles.





Before we got started on the perfume we all filled in a questionnaire to see what type of perfume we were suited to.

We used vodka and deionised water to top up the essential oils to make the perfume

 I premade some scents from the oils in the different categories


 We had about 25 essential oils to choose from!
 I got these cute little bottles on ebay and filled each one with a little diamond (ok a fake one!)
 Here is the table set up!

By the time everyone got to making the perfumes the wine was flowing so unfortunately I forgot to take any photos!!! I would defo do it again!

It was a hell of a lot of fun!
Lots of love
Ellie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment