Tuesday 22 May 2012

Every child is an artist

One of my favourite quotes for children is 'Every child is an artist' by Pablo Picasso. This couldnt be more true when you watch how deep in thought children are when they are creating a picture. Joshua's scribbles to him have meaning but to us look like scribbles! He is lost in the picture when creating it which is inspiring. When I watch him it make me sometimes wish I could lose myself that way more often too!!



Anyway I decided to create a canvas that was painted by Joshua but that contained the quote. I started with a pound shop canvas and stuck foam letters on it.

Then I let Joshua loose on it with as much paint, and whatever colours he wanted (in hindsight I should have chosen them as his favourite colour is purple and the canvas ended up a bit dark)





And after it was dry I pulled off the letters to reveal clean canvas underneath. I think it looks quite good (although it could be a bit brighter!!)

An afternoon well spent!

Lots of love
Ellie xxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment